It’s been a sombre start to the year here in Australia with the devastating bushfires.
There are days when I’m sure all of us are finding it hard to comprehend the scale of what we’re currently experiencing.
Equally, we are inspired by the banding together of charities, communities, corporations, celebrities and everyday individuals all wanting to support those in need in some way. There’s nothing quite like seeing the Aussie Spirit in full flight when we are in times of crisis.
As a proudly Australian company, at Potentiate, we too want to offer our support. Here’s a few ways we’re providing a helping hand:
• Donating our time to charities sorting through items that have been donated
• Matching all donations made by Potentiate staff members
• Participating in community events such as the Relief Run where 100% of the profits go to the Australian Red Cross (let us know if you’d like to join us)
• We’ll be setting up a Fundraising Hub at our upcoming Disruptive, Smart & Innovative conference on 5 Feb where all donations received will be matched by Potentiate. Funds raised will be distributed equally to the Red Cross & WIRES.
• Also, given the nature of our work, where we interact with the customers of our Australian clients every day, we’re offering solutions to our clients such as pausing communications to those affected and adding links to our clients' preferred charities.
We appreciate this is just the beginning as this crisis will extend far beyond immediate requirements, and far beyond when that last fire is finally out. Communities will need to rebuild and wildlife care will need to continue and so much more.
Potentiate will remain committed and will continue to look for ways we can help, if you have any suggestions, we would welcome these. With everyone’s support, we know we will be Better Together.